Registration and Laptop Setup for Beginner Boot Camp (1:00pm-2:00pm)
- Laptop Setup: We strongly encourage you to bring your Windows laptop with you to class if you are attending the Checkmate Sales Pro Beginner Boot Camp. You do not need to have any of our software installed on your laptop to participate.
- As you arrive during this hour, we will connect your computer to our simulation environment, giving you access to the software products we will discuss today.
Checkmate Sales Pro Beginner Bootcamp (2:00pm-4:30pm)
We will discuss the basic tasks for finding and selling parts in Checkmate Sales Pro. This class is geared toward beginners who are new to Checkmate Sales Pro:
- Entering and Editing Customers
- Looking up parts
- VIN Decoding
- Viewing interchange
- Searching inventory and customers using the new Research section
- Basic part editing
- Searching with Trading Partners
- Creating work orders and invoices
- Crediting and returning parts
Car-Part Interchange Plus / CrashLink (4:45pm-5:15pm)
In this session, we'll discuss:
- Car-Part Interchange Plus: Our exclusive interchange enhancement option
- CrashLink: OEM-based interchange and pricing information directly from your management system
Checkmate Reports & Dashboard (5:15pm-6:00pm)
With Checkmate Reports and Dashboard, you easily unlock information like
- "Which parts do I need to reprice?"
- "How many parts did Joe sell last week?"
- "How much have I made from the vehicles I bought last month?"
One-on-One Training and Refreshments (6:00pm-8:00pm)
In this session, we'll discuss:
- One-on-One Training: Sit down with a Car-Part Trainer one-on-one. Ask us anything about a product you have, or a product you're thinking about.
- Pizza & Drinks: Let's kick back and relax after a productive afternoon!
Saturday (8:00am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-5:00pm)
We strongly encourage you to bring your Windows laptop with you to class. You do not need to have any of our software installed on your laptop to participate. We will connect participants' computers to our simulation environment, giving you access to the software products we will discuss today.
Advanced Checkmate Sales Pro & Accounting
We are getting ready to release a major new update to Checkmate Sales Pro. We're excited to show you what's new and what's coming soon! In this session, take a deep dive into the latest enhancements, plus:
- Learn the fastest and easiest ways to search for parts, and all of the information and options available at your fingertips while you're selecting your interchange options.
- Take advantage of the huge amount of information you have access to in your search results (and how to hide what you don't want to see).
- Limit/filter your search results by attributes like grade, keywords, year range, and much more.
- Make various types of sales and locate all of the resources available to help you price parts. We'll show you all of the options available from your search results including tag printing, pick slips, and view part/vehicle history.
- Quote, create Work Orders, create Purchase Orders, and take utilize all of the powerful and new enhancements available during these processes.
- Look up customers, link invoices, make back office payments and credits, and copy information to Excel - faster than ever.
Checkmate Listing Manager for eBay
This session will be presented by David and Jim Bebesi from J & J Auto Wrecking in Marshallville, OH! David and Jim will walk you through the process of listing parts on eBay with Checkmate, and provide real-world tips they've learned through his experience, including:
- Basic listings, including the best ways to word and title your listings, and the importance of photos
- Tips for finding the best prices, seeing what has sold, and learning what sells quickly
- DOs and DON'Ts from one recycler to another
- Feedback ratings
- Freight and small package shipping costs
Partmate Enhancements & Checkmate Sales Pro Inventory
We'll talk about the inventory processes in both Partmate and Checkmate Sales Pro.
- Partmate makes the process of inventorying new vehicles quicker, easier, and simpler than ever before. It's designed to work on a tablet, so you can bring it into the yard with you.
- Partmate expedites the inventory process by filling out many part descriptions for you and by making it a snap to take photos that you can include in your online parts listings.
- If you've been using Partmate for a while, you'll be excited to learn about some of our latest enhancements (inspired by requests and feedback from recyclers who use it every day).
- Checkmate Sales Pro's Bulk Editing feature helps you edit even more part information on many parts at once.
Integrated Car Part Pro (iPro) and Brokering
In this session, we'll demonstrate:
- The Car Part Pro alternative parts marketplace, designed specifically to sell to insurance appraiser and collision repairers.
- iPro from your customer's point of view: how these high-volume buyers use our assembly-driven workflow, and the technology that seamlessly adds parts and assemblies back to their estimating systems.
- Brokering on Car Part Pro and your own website: Brokering allows you to display parts as available from you not only when you physically have them in stock, but also when you have access to them. Establish relationships with other recyclers or vendors, to show their parts under your own name in search results on your website and/or Car-Part Pro.
The Photomate mobile app gives you the tools you need to manage your inventory right from your mobile device.
- Take photos of your inventory: it’s fast and easy! The pictures are sent to Checkmate and your online part listings.
- Manage part locations: the build-in barcode scanner makes it easy to maintain part location information. Your device camera works as a barcode scanner to facilitate part relocating and location auditing, so you keep your Checkmate data up-to-date.
- Add loose parts: with this new feature, you can inventory a part right from your mobile device! Add the part to the tag queue in Checkmate, assign ARA damage codes, flag the part for review, mark the part as private, all while you're adding the part.
Open Format Q & A with the Car-Part Experts
At the end of the day, you will have the opportunity to ask a Car-Part Expert questions you have about our products, or request that they demo to the class how something works. This is a great chance to learn more about something that was covered in an earlier session. You will also hear what questions other recyclers have and maybe learn something new that you hadn't even considered before. These are always lively and interesting discussions!
Lunch is not provided. There are a variety of restaurants available close to the hotel where the classes are being held.